by Shawn Coschigano, Reporter
If breakfast is the most important meal, then coffee is the most important beverage. Since not all coffees are created equal, here are some ways to make your morning beverage just like a barista.
Let’s start with the simple, yet always reliable iced coffee. Here’s a list of things you’ll need:
- 2 ½ quarts of water
- 5 ounces of ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons of nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger (or any combo of spices you prefer)
- cream and milk to taste
- Add the water, coffee, and spices in a large pitcher and stir. After stirring, let it sit in your fridge for about eight hours.
- After the combination is set, strain it through a colander and a coffee filter into a different pitcher.
- Now that you have your base, all you have to do is pour it over ice and add milk, or cream, to your taste.
Next up is the most commonly liked among all Starbucks consumers, the Mocha Frappuccino. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 80ml strongly brewed coffee
- ⅓ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 cup of ice
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
- high power blender
- Chill your pre-brewed coffee
- Add the coffee and ice into a blender, then add in the rest of your ingredients into the blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
Finally we’ll end off with a staple, the Iced Caramel Macchiato. You will need the following:
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of vanilla syrup
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 cup of milk
- 80ml of strongly brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of caramel syrup
- Brew and then chill your coffee so that it’s ready to blend
- Add your ingredients (excluding the caramel syrup) into a blender and blend until smooth.
Remember that caramel syrup we were saving? Now is your chance to drizzle as much as you so desire on top of your creation.
Did we miss any of your favorite drinks? Let us know in the comments section down below.